Monday, July 13, 2009

The Oscar Grant Memorial Arts Project

So a few months ago I created a piece for the Oscar Grant Project. I was really Upset when I found out about the young 22 year old who was shot by Bart Police while handcuffed shortly after the new year had started. The folks at Urban Habitat (www.urbanhabitat.org) were kind enough to create a memorial project to help the community release it's anger and pain over not only this shooting but a history of Police violence involving the people of Oakland. I was honored to be apart of this project and I hope there will be more like it in the future.

Art is a powerful tool for change.

Here is the piece I submitted for the project.


Photobucket




You can find out more behind this piece here http://www.urbanhabitat.org/node/420

Late
Santos

No comments: